Sunday, March 28, 2010

Summer's Baptism

Best Buddies
Happy Day!

I love this little girl. I hope she will remember the sweet spirit we all felt this day at her baptism and confirmation. Grandpa Gary gave the talk on baptism. He told about a man a taught during his mission in Denmark named Olaf Olafson. Grandpa reminded us that Heavenly Father uses the Holy Ghost to help us find those who are seeking the truth of the gospel. David and Collynn played a violin arrangement for the musical number; they did such a nice job. Emily Neilsen (Collynn's future sister in law) played the piano for us; so kind, considering she had never met us before. Summer looked so sweet in the font for the baptism. It was special for me to help her get ready in her baptism dress and dry her hair right after the baptism. She said she felt so happy and she loved Jesus. When we came back into the room, it was just in time to see Ethan bear his testimony. While Summer changed, people had the opportunity to share their baptism experiences and testimonies. I gave the talk on the Holy Ghost; then Dan did her confirmation. It was a beautiful blessing he gave to her. It was a day I'll never forget. I'm so grateful to be a parent. This is one of the greatest joys; to have family gatherings to share testimony and feel the Spirit of the Holy Ghost together.






Grandma Eleanor, Grandma Linda and Grandpa Larry




5 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a great week for you guys, I am sad I wasn't able to be there but Happy for Summer!!
The cake looks delicious and the frosting looks light :)

Linda Hall said...

I love that little girl too. She is such a sweetheart with a cute personality. Just like her mom . . .

C Hall said...

Congratulations to Summer! Wow she has grown up so much since we last saw you. Thanks for sharing the details of her baptism day--I almost feel like I was there :) Love you lots, Carrie

C Hall said...

PS did Ethan get his braces off already? I love that first picture of the 2 kids together. They are such good buddies :)

Zach & Lizzy said...

Summer you are so beautiful!
Congrats! Thank you for inviting us to be there with you on your special day. You are a very special girl!